Friday, November 09, 2007

OBSERVATIONS

....a few things I've noticed today that are particularly related to living in a large European city:

I have a song that plays for the ring of my new cell phone.... couldn't understand it so I asked a kid at school.... he says, "Yeah, it's a Portuguese love song from Brazil." He's from Brazil and they speak that there.

Mikie was eating ramen noodles this afternoon with chopsticks because her Chinese friends at school use them.

Emma keeps begging Lisa to make some meal that she ate at her Korean friend's house one night.

Lisa and I walked to the mall this afternoon and smelled firecracker smoke (a smell, by the way, that I absolutely love!!). A few steps later it was cotton candy. Then it was sewage (much more common and much less popular).

It's amazing to live here.

No comments: