Saturday, May 17, 2008

PERMANENT ERROR

I sent an e-mail to the group of students we know in Timisoara today.... I never had the heart to remove Raoul, Mirela and Cristi from the e-mail list. Somehow, keeping them on it made it all seem less real.... today, Yahoo sends me a message saying it is a "permanent error" to send anything to Raoul's e-mail anymore. I guess yahoo, or someone, closed it out. A permanent error. A very uncomfortable way of saying it, under the circumstances. Interestingly, in God's economy, it was not a permanent error, but a permanent part of His sovereign plan.... now, one day when we get back to RO, I'll have to get up the courage to take the three of them out of my cell phone .....or then again, maybe not. It's not hurting anything.

On the same note, I'm amazed at how the "wave of grief" will close in and sneak up at such unexpected times. Today at church, the band's lead singer had "Romanian hair" and a guitar around his neck and he was about Raoul's age and it hit me. That could be him.

3 comments:

Tony and Chrissy Barbusca said...

God is in control. You can leave those numbers in as long as you want to.

todd said...

....thanks man ....wonderful AND weird to see you at Wally World!

Anonymous said...

thank u for your wonderful worrd about Raoul...I miss him too.I still have their phone numbers and id's...