Saturday, January 03, 2009

A FEW THINGS I SAW IN 2008:

- old age creeping into my face

- immense joy a new baby can bring

- changes I never thought possible

- God's love in a deeper way

- grace, from so many people, especially my wife

- more gray in my beard

- a 4th grade classroom again

- the realization that "The Road to Romania" was ending

- a few new and important friendships

- a surprise at just how long it took to recover from surgery

- a dog (that is all I'll say)

- my mother reach a point in her health where she'll never be the same

- a never before desire to live in Texas

1 comment:

Kacee said...

I like your idea of making a list of what you learned the past year. I don;t think your "Road to Romania" is ending...it is something that you will ALWAYS carry with you and you will go back there in maybe not in the physical sense, but emotionally and mentally. Romania will forever be a part of who you are. We look forward to being a part of this next chapter in your lives too. Can't wait for you to get to Texas!!!