Max (as people tend to call him - Lucado, you know) spoke this morning at church about humility.... an interesting topic for a man who is clearly internationally famous and is a "household name" in many circles. He represents humility, and one would never know he is who he is. That makes attending Oak Hills a joy!
Here is the list he gave to keep us on our "humble toes":
1. Assess yourself honestly - have a sane estimation of your capabilities by the light of faith that God has given you.
2. Don't take your success too seriously - because our hearts are prone to proudness.
3. Celebrate the significance of others - consider others better than yourself.
4. Don't demand your own parking place - be sure to sit in the seat of the unimportant.
5. Never announce your success before it occurs - "one who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off" I Kings 20:11
6. Speak humbly - don't let arrogance come from your mouth.
7. Live at the foot of the cross - the cross is our only reason to brag.